Discover hotels, resorts, and fun attractions on your Vermont vacation
Vermont: Lake Champlain & Burlington; legendary snow sports
Vermont is a place, but also a state of mind that revels in outdoor beauty, good food, and the preservation of unique small towns and cities. Visitors love Vermont for its colorful fall foliage; ski mountains like Killington, Manchester, Stowe, and Mount Snow; mountain vistas; and attractions for families and kids. Although Vermont is an inland state, it has beaches and water sports at the Lake Champlain, along with many lakes, streams, and swimming holes.
Click here to view a map of Vermont.
Vermont regions and highlights:
In the center of this region is Green Mountain National Forest, which welcomes nature lovers all year. Major ski areas are Killington, Okemo, Sugarbush, and Middlebury. Families will enjoy Billings Farm & Museum in Woodstock, the New England Maple Museum in Rutland, and the Vermont Institute of Natural Science in Woodstock. The capital city of Montpelier is fun and full of activity. The Vermont Country Store in Weston is treasure house of nostalgic shopping.
Highlights of Northern Vermont are the dynamic city of Burlington; lush Lake Champlain; and the deep woods of the Northeast Kingdom. Ski areas of this region include Stowe, Jay Peak, and Smugglers' Notch. Burlington, on Lake Champlain, brims with good food, entertainment, and public festivals. Families and kids like to visit Ben & Jerry's in Waterbury and the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne.
A short drive from New York and Boston, Southern Vermont has ski resorts, historic sites, outlet shopping, beautiful village greens, fall foliage, and covered bridges. The large ski areas -- Stratton, Bromley, Magic Mountain, Mount Snow -- offer winter and summer fun. Principal towns are Brattleboro, artsy and bohemian; Wilmington; Bennington; Arlington, home of Norman Rockwell; and Manchester, a historic resort town with great shopping.
- “The Lion in Winter” by James Goldman - Bennington, VT
- Harpoon Octoberfest in Vermont 2015 - Windsor, VT
- Weston Craft Show 2015 - Weston, VT
- Corn Maze 2015 at Gaines Farm - Guilford, VT
- Mazza Farm Corn Maze 2015 - Colchester, VT
- Great Vermont Corn Maze 2015 - Danville, VT
- Hathaway Farm Corn Maze 2015 - Rutland, VT
- A Family Halloween 2015 at Billings Farm & Museum - Woodstock, VT
- The Witch and the Winds: A Woodwind Quintet Halloween Family Concert - Middlebury, VT
- Baked Beads Jewelry & Scarf Sale - Waitsfield, VT
- A Harvest of Quilts - Morrisville, VT
- Art in the Park Fine Art and Craft Festival - Rutland, VT
- Columbus Weekend Celebration - Stratton Mountain, VT
- Queen City Ghostwalk - Burlington, VT
- Big Buzz Chainsaw Carving Festival - Chester, VT